• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Farecla G3 Body Prep Clay Mitt - Recommended?

Anybody tried the Farecla G3 Body Prep Clay Mitt?

Hows it compare to regular clay?

I've used neither but its tim for a springtime detox.

Any advice appreciated.

Ta.

I was looking at reviews for this the other day. Gets a good write up and I'm going to get one at the weekend.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

I cant fathom how using a piece of clay the size of a postage stamp on an entire car could be easier or better than a glove sized mitt, but then i know nothing....

I am no expert by any means and only started detailing when I got my Civic last April.

I got the G3 mitt as I thought it would be easier to use as a beginner and did a complete detail when I got the car home. I found it fairly easy and quick to use but being a noob I did get a bit of marring on the paint due to user error.

I have since purchased Bilt Hamber medium clay to do my spring clean. Although it took much longer using the clay bar I did feel it gave me more feedback as to what I was doing.

My overall thoughts are to use the clay bar for my pre winter and spring clean and to use the mitt in between for quickness as and when I feel the car needs it.

Thanks for the advice.

Strangely, before seeing your post, i've just ordered Bilt Hamber Auto Clay 'Soft'.
Cars not that old and i feel soft will suffer less opportunity for a noob to marr the paint.

Main reason i chose it, seems to review well, its big at 200g and no need for gashing money on clay lube. Just needs water.

I think once i'm done i'll do what your suggesting. Proper clay for spring clean. Mitt for top-up when required.

Cheers.

No worries. Yes I think the soft one is a good choice as you have a nice new car.

You can't go wrong with Bilt Hamber clay. Like you say works well with water so don't have to buy lube.

I have used most of my medium bar now and I am going to get some soft soon as I am currently in the process of machine polishing my car so need to decontaminate the panels beforehand.

Would you recommend a bar over the mitt?
I'll will just re quote a portion of what I wrote above:

'My overall thoughts are to use the clay bar for my pre winter and spring clean and to use the mitt in between for quickness as and when I feel the car needs it.'

In conclusion I like to have both as they both have a use in my detailing kit.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

I've got one and so have some mates. They are really good for a quick wipe down to pick up crap but they aren't comparable to a clay bar in my opinion.

I would say get a bilt hammer clay bar if doing the car its first time and use the mitt thereafter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back