• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Fast Road Set-up

Forgive my ignorance guys and gals.......but, i see mentioned quite alot the above mentioned subject and have always wondered:-
- What exactly is a fast road set-up?
- What difference does it make to normal everyday driving?

Cheers and :oops: :oops: :oops:

Just read this in thread above

• The majority of people go for the "fast road setup".

The settings are:

1 degree neg camber all round
    2mm toe in at rear
    1mm toe out at front

Dynax said:
Just read this in thread above

• The majority of people go for the "fast road setup".

The settings are:

1 degree neg camber all round
    2mm toe in at rear
    1mm toe out at front

Cheers fella, i have read that but it doesn't really explain why people go for it and what difference it makes with every day driving.

Im not too sure, but as far as im aware the car will feel more respsonsive, turn in more aggressive.

I'll let someone who has had it done explain :lol:

monkey boy kev said:
Cheers fella, i have read that but it doesn't really explain why people go for it and what difference it makes with every day driving.

It makes the handling more predictable (less snap oversteer). It offers more grip when cornering (as the car is setup correctly!) and thus generally improves the driving experience.

Well worth it IMO, although the above settings are no where near as aggressive as you can go :twisted:

makes the car feel so much better,

i had a simple basicl fast road set up at tgm's
like the settings above and it tracked the road much better and felt more stable in the corners i put it mainly down to poor set up from honda.

then i went a few steps more, i run nearly -2 cambers now and the car feels so much more alive, it wants to turn rather then the classic FWD understeer, i can corner MUCH harder and faster as i roll on to the outside of the tyre(where the grip is) rather then roll off the grip,

but u will need to find a setting that works for u, like to much toe out on rear will make the car snappy/twitchy in the wet ect

Cheers for the responses guys, next set of questions :wink:

- Where can i get this done? (i live in West Sussex if that helps)
- How much does it cost to have it set up?
- Does it increase tyre wear? (i'm still running on the Pot RE040's)

- Where can i get this done?
I think either CPL or TGM would be your best bet, though I don't know if CPL do it?

Not really sure. Think it's about £70??

It will increase wear on the inner edges. The amount all depends on how aggresive the setup is.

MilanoChris said:
[
I think either CPL or TGM would be your best bet, though I don't know if CPL do it?

Cool, cheers Chris, where abouts are these two places, TGM being by the sounds of it the more likely of places?

MilanoChris said:
- Where can i get this done?

Not really sure. Think it's about £70??

It will increase wear on the inner edges. The amount all depends on how aggresive the setup is.

A fast road setup from TGM is £60 excluding the parts, my cambers at 1.3 which shouldn't impact on tyre wear.

Had it done - brilliant set up and the car feels so much better.

As other have said - TGM will do it, about £60 and I've not noticed any extra wear on the tyres (in fact I think it's better and more even) 8)

Back