• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Fault code P1167

Ped

o2 reading/air-fuel mix error according to my diagnostics.

Had a search online and need to replace pre-cat o2 sensor (Wideband) and that shall sort this?

Just want a little confirmation before I fork out circa £300 :(

Try taking out the sensor first and giving it a good clean as it maybe just carbon build up on the sensor ( sometimes happens with lots of town driving is that the carbon builds up a bit ). Give that a go first and then do a reset and see what happens.

HTH.

Cool yeah! I will give that a try! It is running on a 4-2-1 and sports cat unmapped. So might be getting gunked up faster than it should.

I can reset it and as long as it doesn't drop bellow 10deg it doesn't come back on. So it obviously still has some functionality?

Sounds like it's still functioning so , clean it , do a reset and then go for a little blat to see if that works.
I assume you have got an OBDC reader / tool then? if not and you have an EP3 CTR then turn car off & pull fuse 6 (15A)from the under bonnet ( if you do this you should do an 'ECU lean procedure' after otherwise it will be very lumpy on tickover until it learns the new settings - takes about 30-40 miles for ECU to learn otherwise )

HTH

Last edited by a moderator:
do not clean the o2 sensor with solvent. ie. brake cleaner/carb cleaner. It will most likely destroy the sensor. if there is carbon build up (doubt there is), wipe it off with a lint free rag. Do you have kpro ? what car/ miles on the sensor?

Hi thanks for the advice. Yes I do have an OBDC reader so can view live settings, turn lights off and read codes from home. Which is cool.

I will try giving it a wipe next time I get change to get the car up. Theres no Kpro. And its on 82k. (JDM EP3)

Back