• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Ferrari driving day and BTCC!!

I've got my Ferrari driving day this Sunday at Silverstone.

Got a letter from Silverstone last week with a badge to put in my screen to allow me infield and Silverstone as BTCC is on aswell! My slot is at 2.10pm.

Does that mean I'm going to be bombing round Silverstone in a Fast Hatch, Ferrari 360 and Porsche 911 in front of packed crowd??? :shock:

My god, the pressure!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not sure how its gonna work though. Just been checking the timetable for Sunday and I can't see a big enough slot for me to go round the track 3 times in 3 different cars!

Had a wicked time yesterday at Silverstone during my Supercar experience!! I did get to drive on the Southern part of Silverstone and came top of the group of 12 or so drivers at the end with a whacking great 93%!!! :D 8)

Got to drive a Lotus Elise first which is awesome. You can give it a proper caning and it just sticks to corners.

Then got into a 911 C2, which I wasn't impressed with at all. Very difficult to drive and handle and the instructor was sitting there not saying much at all or giving me much instruction. :evil:

Then finished off driving the 3.5L 355. Lovely motor, great noise from the V8 and the instructor in this car was great. Really good motivation and telling me what to do with great encouragement to go faster and best way to take the corners.

Then a high speed passenger ride in an Elise. The way this guy was driving was nuts. Proper change of pants time!!!

A few pics taken with my phone. Will get some digital pics up tomorrow.

lotus.jpg

porsche.jpg

ferrari.jpg

Nice one Vik, i had a lotta fun in a mini cooper S at Rockingham the other month.
Cheers
AC :lol:

Looks like a good day out seen them a couple of times now with there stand and been very tempted to book up myself.

Which package did you go for being you went in a couple of cars and how much (if you don't mind me asking, can pm me if you don't want these nosey buggers to know :lol:)

Carl

N77_CEJ said:
Looks like a good day out seen them a couple of times now with there stand and been very tempted to book up myself.

Which package did you go for being you went in a couple of cars and how much (if you don't mind me asking, can pm me if you don't want these nosey buggers to know :lol:)

Carl

It was a present from the other half. She got it for my birthday last year from Boots. I think she paid £250 for it, but if you go to Silverstone and book it whilst there, you get it for £200 which is pretty good in my opinion. Silverstone call it the Supercar Experience.

You get a 20 mins briefing, 3 laps in the Elise, 3 laps in the 911, 3 in the 355 and a high speed lap in the Elise with an experienced driver. All in all a great day out.

It finished a bit late around 5.00ish so missed out on the BTCC. Caught the tail end of the last single seater racing though. Definately gonna try and make more events at Silverstone seeing as I'm only an hour away.

Back