• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FERRARI TRACK DAY!! :D

Hi guys,

Got a Ferrari F430 track day coming up in June, can't wait...!! :D
Hopefully will take lots of pics and vids to share with you all!! :)

...Any of you guys been on one of these? Any advice?

Man i'm so excited. Will make a nice break from my exams...

Yeah it is..
Apparently I get to drive a single seater race car, and a merc slk and an RX-8 as well as the Ferrari.

Anyone done something similar before? any advice?

Trung said:
Is it a driving experiance day?

It's tommorow, woohoo!!
It's going to be at thruxton racing track...#

Any final pointers from any experienced veterans??

Never done one myself but just make sure you enjoy the drive(s) and don't bend any metal!!!! :lol:

LOL... yeah I read in the terms and conditions that if you do then they'll exclude you from the experience!! :eek:

Gonna be real careful with the first few cars cuz the 430 is second to last!! :eek:

Still though, am quite excited!! :D

saboteur said:
Yeah it is..
Apparently I get to drive a single seater race car, and a merc slk and an RX-8 as well as the Ferrari.

Anyone done something similar before? any advice?

Trung said:
Is it a driving experiance day?

Is it at Thruxton?

You'll start with the RX8, then SLK, then 430 and then the single seater.

I used to work for a company that sold these days, so I've done this one before. Thrxtons a good track, lot of bends though and but not quite one good straight thats long enough to proper put your foot down IMO. To be honest in the Ferrari before you even notice it youve reached 140 and its time to brake lol

Try and get the red 430 they got, they have a blue Spider too. You can pretty much hammer it as much as you want, esp. in this weather. The single seater at the end is loadsa fun, as good as the Ferrari IMO, you can really cane that one cos no instructor is with ya to tell you to brake for any corners, dont forget to do that cos i almost spun it lol.

An in car DVDs available for the 430 and single seater, its pretty expensive but I still bought one. The photos are a rip off too, but then again, gotta be done cos its not every day you'll get to drive these cars.

Good luck, and enjoy :D

LOL... @ Wanman,

Yeah man, I brought an a4 size photo, £25, I almost had a heartache, but I bit the bullet and paid up. Also got the dvd which was £35, man they really are milking it aren't they??

Whats the dvd like then, is it just internal footage or external too?

I got the blue 430 unfortunately.. was unbelievably fast, the amount of torque was untrue... top speed I think I reached was about 140... will post up a vid soon..

Instructor was a real cow though..
What wsa your overall rating (parcentage)??

saboteur said:
LOL... @ Wanman,

Yeah man, I brought an a4 size photo, £25, I almost had a heartache, but I bit the bullet and paid up. Also got the dvd which was £35, man they really are milking it aren't they??

Whats the dvd like then, is it just internal footage or external too?

I got the blue 430 unfortunately.. was unbelievably fast, the amount of torque was untrue... top speed I think I reached was about 140... will post up a vid soon..

Instructor was a real cow though..
What wsa your overall rating (parcentage)??

:lol: :lol: Sounds exactly the same as my day mate, i had the blue 430 spider too, but i managed to blag an extra free lap cos there was a minor fault on the car. Yeah i had a woman instructor too, bit of a bitch, must be the same bird.

Think my overall rating was mid 80s if i remember correctly.

The dvds alright, only internal footage, not worth £35 but then the photos not worth £25 either, but u gotta pay it!

I did a driving day at Thruxton, also had a female instructor, she was real nasty and would'nt let me put my foot down, spoilt the day abit tbh :(

Jesus christ, she kept shouting at me..

Dreading watching that dvd when I get it now, its definately gonna make me cringe. What a waste of £35 or whatever it was... :(

Was chatting to her, and she admitted to driving a banger but that she gets 'aston martins to test' lol! Kept saying to me that she was a racing driver, about 8 times I swear!!

Back