• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Final Send-Off CTR

Read about this in Autoexpress today, its basically the same as the Premier but with genuine Recaro bucket seats, anyone else seen this?

Seen as the production of the EP3 CTR had ended this can only be the Premier. I sense you have read an old issue discussing the Send Off or are somewhat a little confused mate :wink:

There is no send off for the Premier, the Premier is the send off :wink:

Bazzer said:
Seen as the production of the EP3 CTR had ended this can only be the Premier. I sense you have read an old issue discussing the Send Off or are somewhat a little confused mate :wink:

Thats what I thought as well, I've been in a Premier already but this article was in today's AutoExpress... so either they are a tad behind the rest of us or there is another version. I wish I had a scanner here at work... :? It doesn't look any different to the Premier though... :?

N8 ORTS said:
Wish the Premier had real genuine Recaro's :lol:

mate, theres no need for the sarcasm, I have been in several Premier's several months ago and I know they are genuine recaro's but they are not bucket seats. If they were I would have considered trading in my 03 for it as the premier recaros are naff in my opinion. :wink:

the article in autoexpress may actually just be the premier but it does mention "bucket" seats which the premier doesn't have - this was what confused me.

R20190 said:
Bazzer said:

Thats what I thought as well, I've been in a Premier already but this article was in today's AutoExpress... so either they are a tad behind the rest of us or there is another version. I wish I had a scanner here at work... :? It doesn't look any different to the Premier though... :?

Or they're wrong. :wink:

Neily03 said:
R20190 said:
Bazzer said:

Or they're wrong. :wink:

:lol: quite possibly...

The pic in AE showed 2 tone seat (Red insert with Black bolster) thought that the Prem Recaro's were all red?

kingy said:
The pic in AE showed 2 tone seat (Red insert with Black bolster) thought that the Prem Recaro's were all red?

No the 2 tone is in the Premier as well.

The JDM and 30AE was all red. Then when the facelift happened the JDM got the two tone recaros, and hence the Premier used them.

How can the Recaro's in the Premier not be bucket seats?? Everytime I get into mine, there is not enough space for my shoulders to fit in the back rest as the seat curves round.

Or maybe I've got it wrong... is it a bucket instead of a seat?? :wink:

Pero said:
How can the Recaro's in the Premier not be bucket seats?? Everytime I get into mine, there is not enough space for my shoulders to fit in the back rest as the seat curves round.

the recaros in the premier are really just "sports seats" imo, if you've ever been karting or been in a single seater race car etc you'd know what I mean and how it feels to be in a bucket shell seat. Your ar*e just about fits in to the seat (bit like sitting in a bucket :D). This is what one looks like...

BRID_EEXA_SIII.jpg

R20190 said:
Pero said:

the recaros in the premier are really just "sports seats" imo, if you've ever been karting or been in a single seater race car etc you'd know what I mean and how it feels to be in a bucket shell seat. Your ar*e just about fits in to the seat (bit like sitting in a bucket :D). This is what one looks like...

BRID_EEXA_SIII.jpg

Yeah but try living with that everyday, I bet you'd soon get fed up of it. The recaro's in my premier suit me fine :wink:

CTR said:
R20190 said:
Pero said:

BRID_EEXA_SIII.jpg

Yeah but try living with that everyday, I bet you'd soon get fed up of it. The recaro's in my premier suit me fine :wink:

Wasn't my point :?

I can see some peeps take this pretty personally that there are people who don't like the premier seats but all that matters is that you like'em.

But anyway about living with bucket seats, just ask peeps like Trung, Sara etc... they all live with one :wink:

I had fixed bucket seat in my last car. Yes they were great for trackday's but a real pain in the ass for road use. More than an hour sat in there and I got a numb ass, and strapped in and pulling out of junctions was difficult.

I wouldn't go back to using them unless my car was purely used for track days.

Back