• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

First time on track advice p!ease

Hello new to this forum and I'm thinking of doing a bit of track time in my ep3 at croft and wondering if anyone has any little tips for someone who's never done any track time. Cars got induction,scorpion cat back, short shift adapter, decent tyres and better discs and pads.
Any advice would be good
Cheers

Take it easy.
Feel the car and learn the track before hammering it.

Give the car a decent amount of time to cool down once coming off the track. Don't pull up the handbrake when parking, rather put it in first gear ( Brakes will be hot )

Other then that, have fun!

Is it open pit lane? If so limit your time on track to 15/20 mins then let car cool down as stated above for 30/40 mins. Talk to experienced track drivers about lines etc and if possible would recommend paying for an instructor if there available. I've done quite a few tracks but had an instructor session my first time at Oulton Park definitely made the day better. Just remember it's not a race and enjoy.

Its not a proper trackday, its a short 15 minute session for 25 cars around croft. I doubt there will be instructors or anything like that just a drivers briefing. I thought it would be good for a first time taster sort of thing. Wont be going to hard i need to drive the car home at the end of the day. Dont try to hard and have fun is what people are saying mostly.
Im hoping it goes well and i can get a prooer day booked. Cheers everyone

in that case, be wary of the other turnips on the track. You get some right plebs who have no idea how to drive a track, with the short time to they may want to go nuts for the short space of time

Back