• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

first timer

Thinking of venturing to the track for my first time
xhelp.gif

Just wondered roughly how much the day will cost?
Insurance, Entry etc
What sorta effect will it have on my tyres, brakes etc
Cheers
icon_biggrin.gif

Depends on which track you go to and with which company, how you drive.

For me it only costs the trackday fee which can be anything from £60 (airfield type) to a few hundred (GP track with the likes of Gold Track)

I dont insure my car as I drive within my limits and well within the cars limits.

My car is heavily modded so will cope very easily with a little trackday so I dont get much wear on the car. Standard brakes if used hrad may wear a fair bit but as long as you always do cool down laps and keep an eye on the fluid boiling up they should last a day assuming they were in good condition before you started. Same goes for road tyres, monitor the tyre pressures to help prevent excess tyre wear through out the day.

OIL ...Always keep a check on the levels, otherwise it could turn out to be a hugely expensive day.!

Back