• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Fitting sump to K20A2 engine?

Hi, I am changing the sump on my EP3 soon, just asking if anyone has done this before/any advice you can give me?

Also do you have to use Hondabond HT to make the gasket or is there anything better that can be used instead?

Cheers!

I have done it, but I found it very easy.

I used a 4 post ramp, dropped the subframe and removed it that way. It's hardly a jack/axle stands job IMHO.

You may need to prize the sump away from the bottom of the block as it will have been selaed on.

Make sure you scrape off all the old sealant from the block/sump before you re-fit it.

And yes, using honda bond is recommended.

Cheers Stoo. I thought the subframe might have to be removed. Can you remember what you torque the nuts to on the sump?

Is there a certain amount of time it takes the sealant to bond before refill with oil?

Sorry for all the questions, I haven't had to change one before now.

Think I've got everything I need to fit the sump now..

2012-06-21135134.jpg

I'm thinking about putting a baffle in, not too sure though as I have read mixed opinions about them on here. :S

Depends if you track it or not on sticky tyres? If not, then don't bother. If you do, it would be worth doing it whilst the sump is off the car.

Back