• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 FK8 suspension noise in cold temps

I'm new to the forum and wondered if others have had this issue. Mine is a 2019 FK8 which I 've had for a couple of years now, What I'm getting is noise from I'm guessing is in the suspension somewhere when the temperature is below freezing or just above. This happens when driving the car from cold it sound like a hollow sort of rattling noise from somewhere when going over an uneven surface at low speeds. It sounds as if something is loose rattling around and is very noticeable until the car is warmed up and has been driven for a few miles. If I was to go back over that same bit of uneven road maybe an hour later its pretty much silent. I can still maybe hear a slight noise but its pretty much gone.

I've seen owners in the states are experiencing something very similar. In one case it was tracked done to a broken seal in a strut mount allowing water ingress. I've also read about BMW owners who've had what sounds like the same noise which in their case was related to the adaptive dampers. Someone else also mentioned this as a possibility due to the oil viscosity used in the FK8 dampers and taking a while for the oil to warm up.

Would appreciate any theories or is this just normal behaviour that you guys are having too ?

Back