• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

fn2 center console (digital clock area) problem

Hi , I have the type r fn2 model and wondered if anyone could help me before I take car to a garage, on the center console where the display for clock and radio are , it's shows in bright red what I'm using in the car like radio radio station , temp etc but recently I can see everything else that's behind it , sort of like a screen burn thing and I can't get rid .
Any comments to fix would be grateful

There might be a simple fix but other people have had that have needed the displays replacing.

Let us know how you get on.

I had this exact same problem then my display went totally blank and my radio stopped working, I checked the wiring to the radio headunit everything checked out ok battery power, ignition, earth. Should there be any other wires I should of checked??

After 3 weeks of silence the radio and display randomly started working again however the display is very dim so I struggle to see it during the day.

I am reluctant to give it to my local honda dealer

Ive been having the same problem recently. It first happened a few months back where the display went ridiculously bright and lit up every icon on the screen then it made a pop noise and went off. A minute later it came back on and it was perfectly fine again for another month or so and now its gone bright again. Not sure what to do with it, other than replace the screen/monitor.

Yeah mine lit up all the symbols behind the screen first then radio and display went off for about 3 weeks, I think the wiring to the display goes through the radio *** so I am ***** change that first.

Ive been having the same problem recently. It first happened a few months back where the display went ridiculously bright and lit up every icon on the screen then it made a pop noise and went off. A minute later it came back on and it was perfectly fine again for another month or so and now its gone bright again. Not sure what to do with it, other than replace the screen/monitor.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread...I've not long had my fn2 and the above problem is happening to me...did any anything resolve the issue?

Back