• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Fn2 exhaust noise on k20k24 setup

after installing new engine k20k24 I noticed that there was very loud noise or hum and resonance at low revs from 3000-4500rpm
i have tegiwa catback and toda header and skunk2 cai

maybe someone had this
on a k20a stock engine this was not

it became very uncomfortable to drive a car every day !! Here I am trying to figure out how to defeat this problem(((

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, my guess would be that due to the extra block height of the K24 some component, probably the exhaust header, is touching something else under certain engine load\rev conditions.
Check the engine for anything that could now be touching, and the clearance around the Toda header. Check the latter for witness marks - it may appear to have clearance when not running\idling.
If this is the cause then worn engine mounts letting the engine move too much won't help - what condition\spec are yours in?

Hi
thanks for your ansver , I'll check it again!
with engine mounts all excellent + there are polyurethane inserts polybrush !!
i dont have any idea whats wrong(((

The inserts will be transmitting more noise and vibration into the cabin. It's a trade-off when you put stiffer mounts in and many end up going back to standard because of it.

The inserts will be transmitting more noise and vibration into the cabin. It's a trade-off when you put stiffer mounts in and many end up going back to standard because of it.

this is not because of this !! I specially removed the inserts and tried without them !! did not help

Is this newly fitted and broken in yet?

Similar thing happens when "breaking in" the FD2 pump in the FN2.... the whole car resonates at 3000-4200 rpm.
It dies down after a couple of thousand miles.

Is this newly fitted and broken in yet?

Similar thing happens when "breaking in" the FD2 pump in the FN2.... the whole car resonates at 3000-4200 rpm.
It dies down after a couple of thousand miles.

Yes, I have an oil pump from dс5 !! but I put it new !! he went through only about 5000км!!
I moved it from the first to 20k24 and there was exactly the same sound !! we just assembled a more powerful engine for me ))

Back