• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Type-R MOT Failure

I recently had my mot, and my car failed on emissions with the mot man saying it has not catalytic converter, however it passed the year prior. When I bought the car it had the standard exhaust system and the only change I have made is an M2 backbox. So my question is does the oem backbox have cats installed? Last year my hydrocarbons count was 2.0 and this year it is 170.0

No cats in backboxes, they need to be hot to operated so are always fitted close to the engine. Maybe it's failed or it wasn't hot enough for the test.

The HC limit is 200 so he's talking cobblers - you have grounds for a complaint unless your cat really has been removed.
But were the other emissions within limits?

Mine was 181 on last test as they clearly did not run it long enough to get the cat hot but it passed.
The FN2 has a long warm up cycle, one reason why it's only EU4 compliant.

Back