• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 Window Wiper Intermittent Problem...

Hi all, my FN2 sometimes does this annoying little trick whenever I have my wipers set to Auto. The Auto wipers work 100% fine and then, for no reason, will just keep going and going and going even if there is no rain?

To try and remedy this I switch the wiper stalk to OFF, and the wipers keep going for another 20-30 seconds and then stop wherever they feel like it (See pics below). This is so frustrating!!!

wipers_1.jpg

wipers_2.jpg

It's the motor that has developed a fault and does not "know" where the normal stop position is.

You can take the motor apart and clean the grease off the contact part where the motor detects the normal stop position and this sometimes resolves the issue, or get a replacement motor for the cleaner solution.

Loxy,s correct
The wiper motor has lost its park position , try cleaning it but 9 times out of 10 you will end up buying a new motor, approx £180 + vat

Back