• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

For those of you not so clean...

Well it's that horrible time of the year again, where I have to fill out my insurance details time and time again in the search for cheaper insurance. I am with admiral at the mo but the world seems to be against me!

• I'm 23
  • Had a prang back in 2003
  • Have 3 points on my license (SP30) from a gatso which no longer exists!
  • Insuring the missus as well
Most of the quotes have been dire (M&S wanted £5000)! I've done the whole "confused" and "moneysupermarket" thing but to no avail. A-plan where still in four figures. But look... on the horizon a glimmer of hope.

Certain insurers only take claims for the last 3 years. This seems to bring the quote down a hell of a lot as in my situation it only looks like I've had a speeding fine and not a prang as well. The cheapest I have at the mo is a tie between Tesco (Value online) and Elephant, both at £758. I think i might go with Tesco, purely because the Elephant advert really gets on my Bristol's!

Why is it some companies want 5 years worth of details and others only 3?

which companys only need 3 years when i look around its always 5

Also Elephant don't replace any mods like for like, so if you have a prang then it'll be replaced with OEM gear. I'm with Elephant but will be changing next renewal unless they are mega cheaper than everyone else.

which companys only need 3 years when i look around its always 5

Elephant, Tesco and churchill off the top of my head. My CTR is standard, so I don't know about mods etc. Getting stung by insurance companies for modding my car is one of the reasons mine is still standard. My wallet thanks me though!

Elephant, Tesco and churchill off the top of my head. My CTR is standard, so I don't know about mods etc. Getting stung by insurance companies for modding my car is one of the reasons mine is still standard. My wallet thanks me though!

i'm with elephant but when i took my policy out i had to give 5 years of info:confused:

will be changing at renewal time for the reason AliA mentioned

I am just about to transfer to Elephant.

Cracking deal considering my recent circumstances - and they have allowed my lass on the same policy using her provisional and L plates for £20.00 extra!!!! :eek: :D :D

Elephant do cracking deals which is why i went with them to begin with but now the CTR's getting more modified i think a change is in order to protect the mods more

When my licence was err in a transition period I used Thames City (brokers I think) who got me a rather good deal.

In comparison my endorsements went onto a seperate page on my counterpart.
So they might be able to help.

When I made a claim they were great also, but now my licence is clean it's cheaper elsewhere.

Prudential were cheapest for my dodgy history this year..about £700 and got £130 cashback on quidco

Back