• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Front driver's wheel squealing

My drivers side wheels is sqealing, not when the car is cold but when its been on the road for a while and the discs have warmed up i presume.

even hear it when doing 80ish and sometimes when power is on and sometimes when i ease off

No other wheels affected, what could this be

car done 15,599 miles approx

Probably brakes related. Either problem with pads or discs. Probably original set at that mileage?

is it when you turn the wheel ever so slightly off centre? say between 11 and 5?

This was happening to mine so I took it in for a warranty job. The stealers reckoned that it was the disc catching on something, so they put a spacer on it to stop the squeel. It worked though.

Car been at stealers for two days to get this sorted and the creak on my steering

The break had siezed on, and a new suspension strut.

the only problem is they scratched the bloody bonnet :cry: :cry:

its now booked in for a respray next week

clem said:
Car been at stealers for two days to get this sorted and the creak on my steering

The break had siezed on, and a new suspension strut.

the only problem is they scratched the bloody bonnet :cry: :cry:

its now booked in for a respray next week

Really kick some arse mate, maybe get some free servicing thrown in as a sweetener.

AliA said:
is it when you turn the wheel ever so slightly off centre? say between 11 and 5?

This was happening to mine so I took it in for a warranty job. The stealers reckoned that it was the disc catching on something, so they put a spacer on it to stop the squeel. It worked though.

Thats exactly my problem at the mo!!

JDType-R said:
AliA said:

Thats exactly my problem at the mo!!

Mine started doing this yesterday.... :roll:

well my squeel has come back, again only when the wheel is turned just off centre and mainly towards around 5 past if the wheel was a clock.

My 54 plate with 35,000 miles on it has done this same thing twice now not really a problem as im a mechanic all i did was remove and clean up the pads and caliper with a wire brush and some sanding paper. Then when i refitted the pads i placed a little copper grease on the edge of each of the pads. Job done! I know i could have taken it back to honda but that was more hassle than i needed. Plus in my experiance cleaning brakes up is not an item covered by waranty and there for i would probably have been charged for it.

Mine seems to be getting worse now...when turning right and the wheel is about 5 degrees...only when the car has warmed up......getting on my fcuking nerves now....so much I am taking the Mrs Fiesta half the time. :x

MUXY said:
Mine seems to be getting worse now...when turning right and the wheel is about 5 degrees...only when the car has warmed up......getting on my fcuking nerves now....so much I am taking the Mrs Fiesta half the time. :x

Mine does the same, have had offside strut changed 2 twice now, it has just started doing it again since lowering, definitely the strut, replacement on it's way.

I CAN'T TAKE IT ANY MORE!!!!!! :x :x

Car is booked in for next Friday with the stealers.........in the meantime its 'Fiestatime' :p :lol:

Not Happy. :x

Went to stealers today, I waited for 2 hours only to be told that it could be the brake 'squealer' which means the brake pads are worn but to make sure they needed to put it on ramps.

I said "go on then....put it on a ramp"

They say "sorry you will have to re-book it back in..we have no ramps available now....!"

Then they say...."if we check it next week and it is the pads, we may not have them in stock so it will have to come back again!" :shock: :x :x

What a waste of a morning....... :x

Neil, just whip the wheels off yourself and have a look, with the wheels off you can easily see if the pads have gone. :wink:

Neily03 said:
Neil, just whip the wheels off yourself and have a look, with the wheels off you can easily see if the pads have gone. :wink:

will do Neil...I am a bit of a muppet where cars are concerned........the pads are 45 quid and fitting is 50 quid!! :shock:
I was tempted to do it myself...but I am scared..... :oops: :oops: :lol:

MUXY said:
Neily03 said:

will do Neil...I am a bit of a muppet where cars are concerned........the pads are 45 quid and fitting is 50 quid!! :shock:
I was tempted to do it myself...but I am scared..... :oops: :oops: :lol:

Its a piece of piss :wink: I changed my front pads a few months ago, took just over an hour from jacking it up to dropping it back down. :wink:

Back in dealers as we speak and i have found a wireless network to hck into as i wait.lol i am browsing on my psp hard work typinG

Back now.....

new front pads and £107 lighter. :shock: :x

squeak is now in the past. 8)

Back