• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Full steering lock

Quick question, I have noticed that when trying to do like a u-turn, the full lock doesnt seem to turn around as good as my ek9, is this usual? or is it the 18 inch alloys on my car? I noticed that in a car program, that oput of the clio, civic and another car, that the civic was the fastest, however, doing the u-turn was the worst, what is the low down on this??

The turning Circle is one of the weaker points of the CTR. :cry:

7 point turns are normal. :wink:

High power output FWD cars have poor lock as the CV joint dont like high loads at big angles, so by limiting the lock you are reducing the wear/load on the CV joints.

i have trouble negotiating tight bends at the best of times, but imagine driving round a car park with 8" curbs/girders guiding you round. You have no margin for error or correction. CTR turning circle sucks big time, i knew i should of got the TEG

You get used to it. :) Not a major problem, although my garage is a complete git to get the CTR into. :lol:

Isn't this something to do with the 6 speed box? I might be wrong with this, but I can remeber my ST170 having a crap turning circle. My mate's GTI6 also has bad turning circle

The turning circle of the car is one of the most annoying things about it. I'm sure the people at work think I can't drive properly. To turn out of work I have to do a virtual 360 degree turn and I end up driving round the whole car park to do it!! It's highly embarrassing! :oops: :lol: :lol:

CTR said:
Isn't this something to do with the 6 speed box? I might be wrong with this, but I can remeber my ST170 having a crap turning circle. My mate's GTI6 also has bad turning circle

Nah mate. Due to the power going throught the front wheels the front suspension needs beefing up in order to keep the car going in a straight line.

Thats why near enough all powerfull fwd cars have poor turning circles.

Back