• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

GAP Insurance - is it transferrable?

I am selling my car in May. I purchased Vehicle Replacement GAP insurance for 3 years when I purchased the car in May 2004. If I sell the car privately, is this GAP insurance transferrable to the next owner?

Am I correct in thinking that, in the event of the car being a write-off, my normal insurance would pay out the current value of the vehicle, and then the GAP insurance would make up the difference to the cost I originally paid for the car?

Many thanks in advance

Go_fish said:
Am I correct in thinking that, in the event of the car being a write-off, my normal insurance would pay out the current value of the vehicle, and then the GAP insurance would make up the difference to the cost I originally paid for the car?

Many thanks in advance

Yep, thats correct. The same applies if the car is stolen.

Although I'm not sure if it is transferrable. I would doubt it but you never know.

I've had it in the past and it wasn't transferrable then, it was just for the particular car you wanted it for.

Back