• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Gear box Oil

With my service due and it being 'the big one' i understand that the geal box oil will be replaced (those in the know could confirm?). With Opie having a sale at the mo i'm thinking it might be cheaper to get some from him rather than let the stealer supply it.

So what gear box oil do i need?

IIRC the gearbox oil isn't on any service interval, but you need Honda MTFIII which you'll need to get from your Honda dealer.

IIRC the gearbox oil isn't on any service interval, but you need Honda MTFIII which you'll need to get from your Honda dealer.

Ahh, ok cheers Neily03 :smt023. I'm sure when i booked it in the service chap i deal with mentioned it. Still if i need to get if from them then i'll not bother to find out and just leave them to it.

Ahh, ok cheers Neily03 :smt023. I'm sure when i booked it in the service chap i deal with mentioned it. Still if i need to get if from them then i'll not bother to find out and just leave them to it.

I may be wrong and it could be on the shedule but it is best to change it at around that mileage anyway....

Gear oil scheduled for 72k I think. Change my own 3-4 weeks ago, 2x1 ltrs MTFIII £21-00 inc vat from honda, no need to look for it from opie :)

With my service due and it being 'the big one' i understand that the geal box oil will be replaced (those in the know could confirm?). With Opie having a sale at the mo i'm thinking it might be cheaper to get some from him rather than let the stealer supply it.

So what gear box oil do i need?

You need a GL4 75w-80. The Honda MTF is currently made by Fuchs in Stoke on Trent. Its ok but nothing special.

We have this one on offer from Motul, recommended for Honda boxes and is good quality http://www.opieoils.co.uk/p-60351-c...-40-gearbox-oil-lubricant-technosynthese.aspx

Cheers

Guy

Back