• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Gear lever removal

Today I tried to replace my gear lever due to bad condition of plastic bushing.But I stuck with cables I simply can't remove them.If somebody can help with advise or fotos?

DC5? Needle nose pliars and bend the lock pins straight and tap them through the holes. You'll then be able to slide the eye-hole of the cables off the shifter. Don't lose the pins. Very simple to do. Then flat head screwdriver to slide off the locks at the front of the shifter to release the cables. The secondary cable on the side is a sort of push and twist motion. It'll almost feel like it's not going to come out or it's going to coil back on itself but keep twisting and it pops out.

I found a nack to getting it out simply but can't remember now. I did write a DIY when I was putting in my Buddyclub short shifter but can't remember what forum I put it on!

Back