• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Green gunk on rear light clusters

Hi lads, I've got some green moss/mold around the edges of my rear light clusters. Any one got any cleaning tips with out removing the center section. Read on another forum to use a syringe with a neddle and inject diluted bleach into the channel around the lights... No really happy to put
bleach on my paint work to be honest.

Best method I've seen is to take the light clusters out and give them a scrub to be fair.

I've read of people treating them with anti-mould spray like you can get in various DIY shops but whether that works long term I don't know.

I have some orange sort of colour gunk on front lights any idea on how to get these clean?

The orange bit from the corner and is lined underneath

Attachments

• WP_20150104_005.jpg
    WP_20150104_005.jpg
    259.7 KB · Views: 33
think the best way is to remove the lights an clean them with a mold spray going to do mine before japfest looks like a ball ache of a job to get the centre section out

I used Meguiars Plast RX and it fetched the headlights up great (on my EP3) and was good on the rears but it was a ball ache to use, you really need to give it some elbow grease. This was for the surface, As for the mossy stuff lined under the cluster you would have to take the cluster out to get at it to clean it properly.

think the best way is to remove the lights an clean them with a mold spray going to do mine before japfest looks like a ball ache of a job to get the centre section out
Any pointers on where to get started by removing them?

Bump, is there guide on here cause i would also like to remove the green gunk from my rear light clusters.

Regards

Andrew

Back