• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Greenlight renewal

I got my Greenlight Insurance renewal through today, £699.64.. that's what i pay already!! thought they're supposed to go down each year!!!

Apparently it's competitive.. i'm not really that convinced.

4 years no claims, 26 years old, married, kid, private parking, no accidents, claims or anything ... feels steep for me... live in Sandhurst behind the military bases for gawds sakes!!!

i'll phone around tomorrow.. anyone recommend a good starting point ... current thoughts are Adrian Flux, A-Plan, Tesco...

Cheers.. Lewis

Have a word with Neil mate, I did as mine had come down but not by much and he came down a bit more ;)

Have you got full no claims already :?:

Carl

N77 said:
Have a word with Neil mate, I did as mine had come down but not by much and he came down a bit more ;)

Have you got full no claims already :?:

Carl

Not yet, 3 years so far, 27th July will make it 4.

Give Noel Dazely a try and speak to Dean.

They can offer the option of protected NCB.

Also there are modification friendly providing you declare all mods first.

Like Greenlight, they also use Highway Insurance.

:wink:

That was what happened to me with Greenlight earlier in the year as well. In the end I got a cracking quote from A Plan. Greenlight dont seem to be as competitive anymore for some reason.

My renewal with Greenlight was down £140 in March even though i'd made a claim. 8) :p

I stayed with Greenlight due to the fact I like there option of track day cover for £50 as well :D

Carl

I was with Greenlight but Neol Dazly saved me around £250 on my premium this year and thats with the missus on!

I read on the forum somewhere though someone has had a bump with Noel and they have been a bit lack luster in sorting it out :!:

I know greenlight are top notch if you do need to clain, all the probs Aurora had with his and they did everything they could to help.

Just something to bear in mind

Carl

Foxy is now with A Plan with me on it for £600 incl Mods. I think that is really good so I hope mine is just as good as I have 4 more NCB [-o<

A friend of mine has a ctr and cupra r and is with a-plan, so i will try them.

can i just quote something on my renewal

"the renewal premium with your existing insurer amounts to xxx, having checked with 'our' panel of insurers we can confirm that the renewal premium is still competitive bearing in mind the benefits you currently enjoy"

LMAO @ the benefits i currently enjoy - and what is that then ? privilege of car insurance.. hmm, i think i pay for that... thank you for letting me know what benefits i enjoy and don't pay for. :?

Secondly, 'our' panel of insurers... and who are they ?

sorry couldn't help laugh to myself when i saw that, it's like saying, thank you for using us, and being a safe driver, we're not going to lower your premium to reward your custom, we will leave it the same until you complain. But bear in mind all those benefits you enjoy... !!!

i better stick with them then!!!!!

NEEEEXXXXTTTT

Adrian Flux quote £589... that's competitive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grrrrrrrr

Got my insurance sorted, went with A-Plan, £550 fully comp, £200 excess, £60 windscreen on 3 years no-claim bonus. Greenlight got down to £611 from £698.66, so I give them their credit for trying. Adrian Flux quoted £648, and then finally, got a quote from A-Plan who literally are on my doorstep for £580, i said for the difference probably not worth me moving, also i told them for £550 i'll pay the premium off in one hit. And hey presto job done. Well happy. No breakdown cover though, but to be honest at 26, and group 17 car, i feel that's a decent price to be paying. I didn't have the time to do too many quotes, although i did do the confused.com thing.

Someone tell me that's a good premium :d

Thanks for the advice ... i did laugh when he asked me about modifications, - yes one isofix baby seat .. recaro ;)... lol

now for the car tax to pay.. £190!!! :shock: ffs

A-Plan wanna charge me £889 for mine, 26, 5 years NCB, no points, no claims, nothing. :roll: Fecking Business usage seems to add on £150 straight away even though I only do about 1k per year business.

Awaiting Noel whtever to ring me back...

CTR_Paul said:
A-Plan wanna charge me £889 for mine, 26, 5 years NCB, no points, no claims, nothing. :roll: Fecking Business usage seems to add on £150 straight away even though I only do about 1k per year business.

Awaiting Noel whtever to ring me back...
I don't think there's any logic to it, i remember i moved to live back at home a few years back, premium went up, then i moved to where i originally moved from, premium went up. It's stupid.

I mean with all things being equal your quote should piss over mine, 2 years extra ncb, must be the area, must be high risk, i know manchester isn't good for CTRs.. plus if you're up north should be cheaper anyway...

i'd shop around a bit more if i were you, or seriously think about moving..

Category C area, thus it's not too bad on the insurance front. I guess they just don't take kindly to my mod list.

CTR_Paul said:
Category C area, thus it's not too bad on the insurance front. I guess they just don't take kindly to my mod list.
lol - that would explain it then!!

Back