• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Guesses for the Gen X Civic Type-R?

Currently loving my FK2 but what do people think is likely for the next-gen Type R? My guess would be 340+bhp and 4wd... possibly something hybrid-y with a smaller turbo engine to follow the NSX and set it apart from other uber-hatches?

Not sure how the Type-R faithful would feel about that, possibly more upsetting than the turbo transition...

It's already pretty much been said that the 9th Gen was the development platform for the 10th Gen.

The 2.0 litre turbo is Honda's performance "Earth Dreams" engine that will be being used on multiple platforms over the coming years in various states of tune, along with the 1.5 litre turbo unit (circa 200bhp).

Sorry to disappoint but the next Civic Type R will be pretty much the same as the current one in a different shell and chassis.

It will more than likely have IRS being a global platform car, and the engine has potential to have another 50 or so bhp from the factory but it all depends on how much Honda want to push the chassis. It won't be 4wd in the 10th Gen chassis.

Aw boo, that's far too sensible!

It's a good thing though as I won't feel I'll be desperate to upgrade immediately! Though it's a bad thing for the same reason...

...maybe I'll just have to get an NSX lol

Back