• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Had to top up AGAIN!

Chris.

Founder
Administrator
Put about 1 litre in at the ring back in August as it was on the min line.

Then another litre before I went to the UK on the course.

Was messing around with the Gruppe M today and decided to check the oil and it was just about on the MIN line! Bloody hell it's done 10 K and munched at least 3 litres of oil!

Honda say upto 1litre per 620miles is normal :shock: . As long as it ain't leaking or smoking i wouldn't worry. :wink: 8)

zeffania said:
I hardley use any. Chris are you letting it warm up properly?

I'm passionate about cars mate so yes :wink:

Different K20's will use different abounts of oil - all depends on the way it is driven and how good the seals around the pistons are.

Mine appears to love oil :roll:

Thats why Honda say to check regularly, they say every fuel stop to cover there backs but I usually check mine every week or 2 weeks max

Carl

Thinking about it was about 1500 miles ago the last time I checked.

My car has felt some neglect recently - need to give her some TLC. :oops:

i was following a CTR this morning when he put his foot down and hit VTEC a massive cloud of black smoke came out of the back it was an 03 reg is that normal???

craigiusmaximus said:
i was following a CTR this morning when he put his foot down and hit VTEC a massive cloud of black smoke came out of the back it was an 03 reg is that normal???

He could be running a KPro on a shoddy map.

milano_chris said:

:shock: I check mine once a week regardless of how many miles I've done. I also check it before and after a long journey.

For the sake of 5 mins, the K20A is an expensive engine to replace if it gives up due to oil starvation. With it on the Min, you are more likely to cavitate the pump during hard cornering and therefore loose oil pressure.

Consider yourself bollocked :lol:

Bazzer said:
milano_chris said:

:shock: I check mine once a week regardless of how many miles I've done. I also check it before and after a long journey.

For the sake of 5 mins, the K20A is an expensive engine to replace if it gives up due to oil starvation. With it on the Min, you are more likely to cavitate the pump during hard cornering and therefore loose oil pressure.

Consider yourself bollocked :lol:

I've not been driving it much TBH and when I have I've not been booting it - a tad skint this month and petrol is ever more expensive :lol:

milano_chris said:
zeffania said:
I hardley use any. Chris are you letting it warm up properly?

I'm passionate about cars mate so yes :wink:

Different K20's will use different abounts of oil - all depends on the way it is driven and how good the seals around the pistons are.

Mine appears to love oil :roll:

Fair enough mate :lol:

The Hayabusa will make it use a lot more.

Best let me buy it :twisted: :twisted:

Back