• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

headlight condensation fix

Hi guys,

Just thought i would make a post for anyone who has extreme headlight condensation or water marks on the inside of there headlights

Before
DSCF1246.jpg

After

IMG_0506.jpg

IMG_0508.jpg

The First thing i did was remove the bumper which was extremely painful to do as all my arch bolts were sheared and rusty, i then managed to get them off to find getting the lights out was a pain due to a hidden bolt, once i got them out i took all the bulbs out and placed the headlight in a heated room over night to get rid of most of the moisture, the next morning i then used a flat head screw driver, oven and a hair dryer to prize the lenses off, i then cleaned them, dried them up and resealed them with the original stuff gunky stuff and translucent waterproof sealant, 2 day job but well worth it as i had a pond in my headlight :p

Back