• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Headlight issue

Evening gents,

The N/S dipped beam HID bulb has recently stopped working and I think but not 100% that is was due to water ingress into a connector. Since this has happened I've noticed that the High beam bulb illuminates (albeit not producing a high beam) in both headlamps but when I switch the full beams on the O/S works but the N/S goes out completely.

Also the high beam indicator is very dim on the dash but when full beams switched on the light goes out.

*scratch head*

Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

I've heard of issues similar to this when a bulb has blown so it could be that TBH, or possibly a bad earth on the headlight unit. Replace the bulb first and see if it cures it.

This happened to me once when i changed my coolant and my passenger side light stopped working,i pulled out the fuse for 5 mins or so and they came back on,iv also taped up the connectors to prevent any water

I am suffering a similar issue, i changed my screenwash this morning and accidently spilt a bit on the connector (HID's so connector exposed) and since then my drivers side headlight has stopped working....going to check fuse at lunch, if its not the issue i asume i need a new connector?
Going to velcro the ballasts to the chassis to avoid future issues lol

Back