• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Heavy exhaust / engine vibration in wet

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone on here as ever experienced a heavy vibration when driving in very wet conditions?

What happens is that the whole exhaust / engine vibrates quite violently and i need to slow the car down before it stops. This only happens when i drive in the wet and the roads have a few puddles.

I have a DC5 with an AEM V2 air filter and a DC sports cat back exhaust so i have sort of elimated the possiblity of water getting to my air filter. I have a feeling it is my exhaust as it never did this when i had my stock exhaust on.

I have spoke to a couple of mates with CTR's which experienced the same / similar problem but never found out what caused it.

Any help appreciated. Cheers

On the CTR its caused by water getting between the heat sheild under the passenger seat and the back pipe of the exhaust. Bit unnerving when you hear it as it sound like a miss fire but its nothing to worry about.

Thanks Siborg0_0. It's strange why this happens but a few people have said that it happens. Do you still get this or have you found a solution?

Had this a few times when aftermarket exhausts have been fitted - nothing to worry about. 8)

Had it a few times with certain exhausts, only exhausts I've never had any problems with in heavy rain were the Spoon and Fujitsubo. 8)

was just gonna make a post about this, i thought my spoon b pipe and n1 backbox werent fitted properly as it was vibrating like crazy. Thought some bits were missing :S

Will it vtec if its vibrating liek crazy?

Back