• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Help, after work done to it, fans not kick on

I currently had a confused after I changed the mishimoto radiator, mishimoto thermostat, mishimoto fan switch for my civic type r, now, I refill almost mare than 8 litres Coolant with cap off, all I can see is the coolant will steamed itself off...and I never see the radiator fans kicks in..I tested the fan were working though,every time I filled the coolant to the top of radiator, it will get hot and then slowly steams out....what is going wrong? Check heater is blowing hot, all the hoses were hot, but not sure lower hose...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, after draining and refilling the coolant you are supposed to heat up the engine with the cap off and the nose jacked up to remove the air. Did you do this?
Also, you should check the fuse and relay for the fans. Since the fan switch is at the bottom of the radiator it may take a good while to heat up enough for the fan to kick in.

Are you running a half size radiator? At least on the full size, a "race" thermostat may keep the engine so cool that the fans won't kick in at all.

The thermostat I fitted is mishimoto low temp one, but the engine will get hotter and hotter and fan should kick, I bought a other fan switch, hope this helps..
Have you hear that if you change the thermostat, the air may be trapped in the heater matrix?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back