• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 Help FK2 Type R wont start

Wik

Juts got in from drive back home from the station. Car all running fine.

As I pulled up in front of the house I think the stop /start system turned the engine off as I pressed the engine off key.
Went out to move the car and now it will not start :(
Lights an infotainment all come on. When I press the start button it just wont start

Amy ideas anyone ?
IS there an actual key start anywhere ?
Was thinking about disconnecting the battery ?

Yup. Was the battery. Think it's the original one the car had so about the right age to be at the end of it's life .
New one ordered from Coxs..
Phew
:)

Symptoms for anyone else who reads the thread
Started fine at the station - no indication of battery issues- drove 20 mins home
Parked up and then went out 5 mins later to move it into the drive.
Doors opened and infotainment came on etc
Tried to start and all dashboard lights flashed red. Then start menu indicated to just press the button.
Did that and then similar thing happened, Lights flicked then citybrake active system warning light flashed on and off once.
Brake pedal became hard to press.
Steering wheel with ! next to it appeared on the dash.
Left overnight and tried again. Similar symptoms. Mostly red lights on the dashboard ( bit like type r mode ) flashed on a couple of times.

AA called. Put power pack on. Car started straight away :)
AA man showed me the battery was nerfed - surprisingly didn’t try to sell me one - just asked if I had a usual supplier.
AA man said alternator was fine after testing it so just new battery required.

New battery delivered today. Only pain in the arse was getting the stupid cover and hooks back on - was the same on my Integra.
Job done.

Back