• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Help me please.... going to stall

Fitted my earthing kit last night went on a dream but cause it was so dark it took me an age i did as i was told and took the +ve off the battery and it must have been like this for an hour or so i fitted it all ok hooked everything up and took the car a run all seems fine but the tick over is crap when im going along at speed in gear and i put my foot on the clutch the revs drop off but it goes to stall. Now i know that i may have possibily re-set the ECU and that it will sort itself out but how long will it take if that is the problem hep me please...... :oops:

Disconnecting the battery will also reset the ECU, so try that first. If that doesn't work then remove the earthing kit and see how it it?? :wink:

craigiusmaximus said:
Mark43 said:
It's quicker to remove the Fuse mate.

Number 6 8) 8)

how long for mate???

and how long will it take to sort itself out?

A couple of minutes should do it.

Tbh i never had this problem when i put my earth kit on.
Just drove it straight away and didn't have any problems like you are having.

:lol: sure you diddnt connect the +ive side to earth, in effect shorting the electrics out? :lol: it wouldnt be the 1st time ive seen it done :lol:

SOates82 said:
:lol: sure you diddnt connect the +ive side to earth, in effect shorting the electrics out? :lol: it wouldnt be the 1st time ive seen it done :lol:

no mate i dont think i have............ :lol:

Just to let you know the ECU reset worked a treat!!!!! :smt023 :smt023 :smt023

many thanks for all your help........ 8) 8) 8) 8)

Back