• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

HELP ME!!

Im after buying a set of new 17s for my CTR.

Now what is all the details i need to know?

Offset?...etc

Not clued up on these things!! :roll: :lol:

Thanks

Does this sound right?

A SET OF 4 - 7 X 17 RSGT BRAND NEW ALLOY WHEELS

PCD OF 5x114.3 WITH AN OFF SET OF 45MM

Im putting 215/40/17 parada's on em.

Will they be ok?

vin Petrol said:
Does this sound right?

A SET OF 4 - 7 X 17 RSGT BRAND NEW ALLOY WHEELS

PCD OF 5x114.3 WITH AN OFF SET OF 45MM

Im putting 215/40/17 parada's on em.

Will they be ok?

The alloys yes, i have no clue about tyres.

I have 17's and am running 205/40/17.

The figures for ctr are :

5x114.3 PCD (Stud to stud)
ET45 (Or there abouts)

While were on the subject - what the hell do all these terms mean ie offset etc? :oops:

Nice 1 Dynax

Well after a photoshop of the rims to my car, this is waht im going to be looking like by next weekend....

vinwheels36om.jpg

Not the Kei Velocitys that i wanted as 1st choice, but ive always liked these rims, now im getting them in 17s to keep ride and handling 8)

Offset is how far it sits in/out from the hub iirc.

PCD is the difference between each stud

E.g. ET45 means it sits 45mm in from the hub. If you got ET35 it means you'll be sitting 10mm out wider than normal wheels.

PS : Vin....Cracking choice, looks good! 8)

Tyres will be fine thats what my Paradas are at the mo, slightly wider :D

Wheel specs seem ok, exactly the same as the original ones although they may be heavier ?

Carl

Also the wheels you have photoshopped don't look like RS GT's

ARO_RSGT.jpg

They look like these, FOX RS5's

imfoxrs5.jpg

Not keen on Fox wheels myself thoug, quality wise

Carl

Just a wee note of coution. I had the RSGT's on mine. If the ones you are getting have the polished lip (some new ones do not I gather..). Make sure you do not use any wheel cleaner like wonderwheels on them. Or anything to abrasive, like my dealer did when I got the car valeted. As the protective laquer on the rim was stripped off and they corroded in a week :shock:

Just soapy water. If you have to use a wheel cleaner I think the meguiers may be ok.

Just worth baring in mind.

How many times have i told u,

YOUR BEYOND ANY HELP!!!

LOL

Good choice of wheels, im surprised u made the choice all by yourself!! :p

G said:
Just a wee note of coution. I had the RSGT's on mine. If the ones you are getting have the polished lip (some new ones do not I gather..). Make sure you do not use any wheel cleaner like wonderwheels on them. Or anything to abrasive, like my dealer did when I got the car valeted. As the protective laquer on the rim was stripped off and they corroded in a week :shock:

Just soapy water. If you have to use a wheel cleaner I think the meguiers may be ok.

Just worth baring in mind.

Nice one mate 8)

I always use Meguires,clean them reguarly by taking them off monthly to do the insides anyway,prevents using anything harsh like wonder wheels....

Asam - Just couldnt help myself, bought brand new 17" Parada's so thought id get rims to go with them :lol:

Have you got msn lurkio mate ;)

Wanna show you something you might be interested in but don't wanna show everyone as they might be ny next wheels as well :lol: ;)

Carl

N77 said:

Wanna show you something you might be interested in but don't wanna show everyone as they might be ny next wheels as well :lol: ;)

Carl

Favourtism!!! :shock: :shock: :lol:

Dynax said:
N77 said:

Carl

Favourtism!!! :shock: :shock: :lol:

You have perfectly good alloys but your selling them :p (I know the reason though ;) )

Carl

Back