• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

help needed

Cleaned it how? They are throttle by wire so assuming the plate is staying at idle position you've either put a vacuum hose on the wrong place, the gasket to the inlet manifold is leaking or you're intake pipe is leaking (post MAF sensor).

Check everything is on tight then it'll be a case of taking it off again and seeing if you've moved any gunk around. If you took the motor off, check you've put it back onto the butterfly spindle properly.

thanks for your reply I just took hose off spayed carb cleaner in it rub with a rag but back together the two hoses I took off if I've put back incorrectly which I don't think I have could this be the prob
thanks steve

The two hoses you probably took off were coolant hoses, did you get any leakage from them?

It's probably just a bit of carb cleaner on a contact or something.

Does it run right apart from idle? Check the intake pipe is on the throttle body properly, check the throttle body is sealed so the intake manifold properly and take it for an Italian Tune-up and see what it's like afterwards.

Loxy I've given it a right good blast still crap over reving not nice to drive going away Thursday need sorted don't won't to but steeler it might be whish i left it alone

Last edited by a moderator:
It might be the best option.

One last thing to try, take the battery off for 20mins just to reset the ECU. Stranger things have happened...

Took it to honda throttel body naff ordered a upgrade from Tegiwa 2mm bigger inlet outlet straight swop but advise re map how do i get that done
steve

Bigger TB is pointless if it's not matched to the inlet manifold bore.

To remap you need a flashpro and a trip to a tuner (TDi north, south, eurospec etc)

If it was running fine before you cleaned it then it's unlikely to be 'naff' as Honda have suggested.

The bigger TB was only its new and cheaper. I was told its a straight swop and will work same as original, I hope what's your view , Honda said as I had opened butterfly by hand that's why it broke
Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
ok new TB fitted easy job just getting hose over bigger inlet was a dog but got there no improvement still erratic revving the only other thing I did was drain and fill coolant system if air in system would this cores this just had engine running 20 mins or so with cap off still the same advice ideas please

try resetting the idle, from another forum "I've usually done it after the engine/coolant was already warm, but either way will work. (I've done it both ways)

Remove fuse #6 from the fuse box under the hood. Wait a minute, then reinstall it. (or just disconnect the battery)
With everything electrical turned off (radio, wipers, heat/ac, etc.) - Start the car and hold the idle at 3,000 RPM until the radiator fan comes on.
Release the accelerator and let the car idle for five minutes. (not including the radiator fan run time)"

the eps light should come on, turn the car off and back on and it should clear.

I'm sure I had the same problem after disconnecting the ecu, worth a bash.

I'm pretty sure it's not fuse 6 on an FN2 but rest applies. I'd at least try the battery disconnect.

Which TB did you get?

You don't have a split in the intake hose do you?

Did you take the MAF off the intake pipe? Or did you just take the TB off? Not bent any pins on the connector when it went back on?

You know what will happen if you take it back to Honda now don't you? They'll say it's the new TB.

Lastly where abouts in the country are you?

I had this on mine after i done the coolant bypass and cleaned the carb and inlet manifold.
It did it all the way back from my workshop. Peed me of so i went up to the dual carrageway and gave it a few vtecs and bang job done. Mine runs spot on now.

I guessed a sensor went crazy for some reason. I havent had chance to plug my computer in yet to see if it threw up a code.

thanks for all you help it was the ECU that was Pete tong they also said it had been spiked was running at -3 should be +3 can any body advise thanks guys for your time
steve

Back