• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

HELP someone's hit my car and driven off

hi there

basically my car was parked in multistory in town and this car reversed into the side of it and then drove off when they saw me scream at them. i managed to get the reg plate

i know people have asked on here before about finding out name and address of reg number so that they can contact their insurance and what i wanted to know was whether anyone could help me out?

i have the reg number and know what car it is ideally need their details so i can make a proper claim as i have a witness as well.

i don't know who else to ask either but the reg is

wr55 hce (red corsa 1.2 twinport)

if you could get me any help at all that would be ace. even it's a first and second name that would be ideal

as then the insurance can do the rest

pm me

many thanks
nath

Just tell your insurance company, they can trace them with the reg no. and sort it all out for you. Good luck!

yes mate

they said that theyd file a report, but i wasnt 100% sure if i had got the reg right so they said they cant really much.

it was only when i got home and wacked the reg into the an insurance quote it gave the correct details

55 plate red corsa etc. thats all i know

if any1 doesnt feel comfortable giving me address then full name and number or something just so i can get hold of them would be great

the reason i want to get hold of them first is so that i dont have to make a claim through my insurance, and with abit of luck they may even decide to pay to get it done outside the insurance which will save me alot of time and hassle??

cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
the reason i want to get hold of them first is so that i dont have to make a claim through my insurance, and with abit of luck they may even decide to pay to get it done outside the insurance which will save me alot of time and hassle??

cheers

If it's their fault mate, your insurance won't be effected. They have commited an offence by driving off, and can be prosecuted accordingly IIRC. Go through insurance and police to get the traced and you won't be paying a penny to get your car sorted. Just because you get insurance involved, doesn't mean you have to foot the bill;)

This happened to my workmates ATR in the works car park. The police said then couldn't do anything because it was on private property. Luckily a witness got his reg no as he sped off. My workmate was able to pull a few strings whith some poeple he knows in order to track the guy down. He eventually admitted liability.

pretty much same position im in then.

as i filed a report without reg (as i wasnt 100% sure) they said they couldnt do anything and then when i went back down with reg they said i couldve guessed it etc

but the person i spoke was apsolutely useless.

i aint got a chance of finding out who it was as i have no conta contacts in the police just forces:evil:

Back