• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Home Insurance

Catz

Banned
Wasn't sure whether to put this here or in General ... anyway ...

Renewal has come through from the Halifax at a cost of £788 :shock: :shock:

I've got a lot cheaper from Norwich Union but just wondered if there's anyone else that can be recommended?

Thanks.

I tried several comparison sites.. but still Norwich Union were the best fpr me

I'd be interested to hear how you get on... would be interesting to get some names in the frame for my next renewal :)

Norwich Union seem best so far for me too.

Well actually Adsa are coming in about £25 cheaper but I dunno there's something not right about using a supermarket chain for insurance :?

I called the Halifax today and although polite they couldn't requote because their sales team only work a half day Sat. Hmmm! Plus the girl said "we have good deals on some of our newer policies" .... if that's the case then why don't existing customers get good deals too? Loyalty bonus my arse! :lol:

£788 FFS :shock:

I pay £27 a month for mine.

Why is yours so expensive Cat :?:

I had mine through the Halifax because I set it up when I took out the mortgage.

Upon renewal I changed to Direct Line, and saved 50%, the only difference in cover was Hlaifax would pay unlimited if the house was destroyed, Directline would only pay £150,000.

Mark43 said:
£788 FFS :shock:

I pay £27 a month for mine.

Why is yours so expensive Cat :?:

It may be because I live here

:lol: :lol:

I have no idea tbh! Gary usually deals with the house insurance, obviously not very well! Just as well I'm here really :wink:

Back