• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Honda Connect

I keep reading horror stories about the latest Honda Connect headunit as fitted from 2015.

Rebooting, and it takes up to 5 minutes to recover (no SatNav or radio whilst it's rebooting)
Locking
Pink screen
Reverse guidelines disappearing
SatNav position not accurate
Bluetooth disconnections

I decided to keep my 2013 Civic because of this ongoing issue. Even the latest upgrade hasn't solved everyones locking and rebooting issues. If I'm reading it right the latest update seems to have stopped the navigation recalculating when you decide to go another way.

Unless this is sorted then a 10G is off my list for next year.

I've had mine reset once in 8k miles. I was using the Nav at the time as it happened. :lol:

Dealer updates are supposed to help, but like I say, it's happened once, so I haven't looked into that.

I'll bet there are units out there with no issues but it's the uncertainty that is worrying me.

I forgot to mention that a rogue map update seems to have been released recently that is bricking units.

If the dealer does it you are apparently covered but if you performed the attempt yourself, as per the manual, you are at the mercy of Honda UK.

Fortunately there is a way out, as found by someone, so you can recover.

I haven't experienced any lock ups or otherwise in my Connect unit with Nav.
Although I did have a customer lose the reversing lines last week.
We sent him out in a demo car for an hour while we updated the unit.

All seems well

Back