• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Honda Jazz common faults?

Hi, my mother has finally decided to buy herself a Honda after many years of owning bloody Fiat Punto's!

I have told her numerous times to tell me before she looks for another car as she has been stung before with the Fiats. She told me yesterday that she has bought another car and picks it up tomorrow, thankfully it is a Honda Jazz she is buying this time as she is sick of having to fix the Punto every year and as i have had pretty much 7-8 years of pain free motoring with my EP3 she wanted a reliable Honda.

It is a 59 plate 1.4 Vtec with 30,000. She stupidly has not test drove the car yet and seems to be letting her heart rule her head with the purchase. She still believes that any car you buy from a garage should be tiptop but i know that they will sell you anything to get it off the forecourt.

I am going to go through tomorrow to check over the car before she hands over the cash and give it a good test drive. I know my EP3 like every car isn't perfect and has it's own small faults and would like to know what things to look out for in a Jazz.

Any advice will be most welcome.

Cheers

Stuart

I just bought a jazz recently, I must say it's a cracking wee car! I also looked for info on common faults and found nothing, they seem to be pretty well bombproof. I saw a couple that were starting to get a bit rough underneath, that's just Scotland though. Also give the clutch a really good check, I know it's a cliché but a lot of jazz drivers are pensioners, and a lot of pensioners ride the clutch. The dealership I bought from said they put more clutches in jazzs than all the other models combined!

There's a lot of complex things in these cars, like the rear seat folding mechanisms, and a lot or automated stuff like wipers, lights, ac etc. So check that EVERYTHING works. If these things ever started getting electrical gremlins they would cost a fortune to fix!

I know what you mean about the dealerships, the brakes on mine had about 5 minutes of life left in them when I test drove it! It was also a bit mouldy in the boot so I insisted on a full valet, when I picked it up they hadn't even lifted the flap in the boot floor and it was still mouldy there and on the back of the front seats.

Good to hear there isn't many faults with them.
My mother did say she was told the previous owner was an auld dear so I will check the clutch and brakes.
Do the VTEC engines on the jazz go through oil like other civic ones?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Back