• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

hondata kpro engine management light

hi all, a couple weeks ago i was driving around the 30 mph mark and the eml came on, instantly turned engine off n coasted to the cerb as im abit over protective of me beloved ctr, had a look around the engine bay all looked alright, started it up no vacume leaks all wires as they should be so i drove home reset the ecu, started it up no eml anymore :D. fine for about a week n abit n a couple days ago here it comes again, the cars runs absolutely normally, no change in mpg, vtec kicks in fine no spluttering of anysort, the car has a hondata ecu fitted and tuned by system r some years ago which is now called tdi north i believe, my mate has a diagnostics garage round neer where i live n its going their on saturday to get the once over, i was just wondering if anybody knew of any faults with the kpro units themselves or of any sensors that wouldnt appreciate the rich mixture a tuned kpro provides?? sounds like o2 sensor i think but as the cars running fine and the miles are still the same i suspect maybe a gapping hole in cat? any feedback will be greatly appreciated

Please, no text speak.

You need to get the fault code read, you can do with yourself with a laptop and USB cable since you have KPro, or get the garage to do it. Where are you taking it?

My mates garage, sage diagnostics he's a genius with electronics, I was meant pop in today when he was finishing up but it took me a little too long changing the drop links and bushes, I heard a few people talking about the USB cable for the kpro, but when I bought it off the previous buyer he didn't give me it, I've never looked at it to see the connection to see if I can get a replacement, it's definitely goin in on Monday though as on my way home from the workshop it developed a sort of lag when the vtec engages, around 4500rpm it sort of chokes as the vtec would normally growl, it does pick up after that but it never had a flat spot before today, so I'm lost to say the least hopefully hecan spot the fault and put a smile back on my face

The USB lead is the same as you would have no a printer. Square at one end (that goes into the Kpro) and the standard flatter one at the other end that goes into the laptop.

You just need to download the Kpro manager software from the Hondata website.

You'll then be able the read the code through the manager software.

i got it all hooked up and read the codes i have the following codes:
20-2 p1298 ELD circuit high voltage
65-2 P0141 secondary o2 circuit heater circuit malfunction

but this eld fault code im abit clueless about as on the internet it says this flags up when the alternator is overcharging, i have found a post on honda-tech saying another car had this fault and it was caused by a super heated catalytic converter (which would also cause the o2 sensor fault, caused by overfueling which turned out to be a faulty camshaft sensor, now im confused

O2 sensor is very common.

ELD is not so common but it has been covered on here before.

The owner previous to me had the kpro fitted, i have had the car for 2 years and have not touched the exhaust as its been fine, pretty sure its the oem cat, im not certain if the cat was removed before i had it but their is only receipts for a cat back exhaust system, no decat pipe so im doubtful, i dont see why the money was spent either but im not complaining cos its one thing i dont have to fork out for now haha

o2 sensor came today, fitted it and reset the ecu no engine management light :D thanks loxy for the reply about the cable now to have some fun tuning cheers all

Back