• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

how do i get the power lead for amp from engine bay into cab? Driving me mad!

Need some help on this guys, bought an amp/sub earlier & got all the wires in apart from the power lead that goes to the battery, is there a guide for this with some pictures or a how to guide anywhere, cant seem to find one....at this rate im going to chuck the lot in the bin! :smt068:smt068:smt068

I've looked everywhere & cant get the bastid thing in!

Really need some help on this....

ta people.:confused:

There are two ways, first is to put a little hole in the rubber grommet in the engine bay and push the cable through there, it will end up behind the glove box. Or the second way is meant to be better but you have to remove the wheel arch liner I think, I'm not sure as I did it the first way. I'll get a picture of the grommet I mean tomorrow if you like?

There are two ways, first is to put a little hole in the rubber grommet in the engine bay and push the cable through there, it will end up behind the glove box. Or the second way is meant to be better but you have to remove the wheel arch liner I think, I'm not sure as I did it the first way. I'll get a picture of the grommet I mean tomorrow if you like?

Yeah if you could mate, im presuming you mean the big round one behind the airbox?

i tried the smaller oval shaped one to the back right of the air box but that just goes into the area underneath the scuttle panel...

Yeah if you could mate, im presuming you mean the big round one behind the airbox?

i tried the smaller oval shaped one to the back right of the air box but that just goes into the area underneath the scuttle panel...

Yeah its the big round one, I just put a small cut in it and squeezed the power cable through, its quite tight so shouldn't let any water in.

Just stick it through the grommet. I did that with the EP3 and the Teg. Didn't even have to make a hole when I did it.

Back