• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

How often do you guys top your oil up.

Being new to the Type R I wondered how often I should check the oil level as I heard they consumed a fair bit when using high revs. :?:

bburnrover said:
Being new to the Type R I wondered how often I should check the oil level as I heard they consumed a fair bit when using high revs. :?:

In the manual for the CTR it says to check it everytime you refuel but i think they're just covering they're backs. Best to check it once a week. Although the ATR is a completly different engine it best to keep a close eye on it until you get a feel for how much it uses. 8)

I check mine once a week. I'll be doing that tomorrow morning. I find that I use about 2litres when each service interval.

Some CTR use a bit and others use a bit. I find that mine uses a bit, but I do rev it a bit every now and then :wink:

I check mine after each fill up and have probably put in 1/4 of a litre of oil in 8000 miles. This obviously differs from engine to engine.

OllieMorr said:
Composite Guru said:
I check mine after each fill up and have probably put in 1/4 of a litre of oil in 8000 miles.

Same here. Hardly used any oil at all.

Same....used to check it weekly....but only used 1L over 12k.
However..last time I checked it , it was down to half. :wink:

yowserctr said:
OllieMorr said:
Composite Guru said:
I check mine after each fill up and have probably put in 1/4 of a litre of oil in 8000 miles.

Same here. Hardly used any oil at all.

Same....used to check it weekly....but only used 1L over 12k.
However..last time I checked it , it was down to half. :wink:

I expected to use loads round here Yowser, what with tearing up and down all these hills/mountains round here! :twisted:

Back