• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

How to change calipers on ep3?

Hi there, I'm new to the forums and im looking for help. Ive searched high and
Low for a how to on changing the brake calipers. I was hoping someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.

Fronts or rears? Also why the change, new calipers or are your OEM ones goosed?

Same as any other car really, disconnec fluid hose and undo the two bolts holding the caliper to the hub.

I'm changing all four. The drivers front is seized and the back isn't much better. I managed to get all four of a car that was being broken. £150 all round. Got discs and pads to change and have never done any before. I've found the other how to guides that I need. It's just the calipers that I need a guide for. Brake calipers for dummies is what I need. Lol.

Clamp the brake lines, disconnect from caliper. Undo the two bolts, remove caliper. Remove disk

Put new disk on, fit pads into caliper, put caliper back on do up nuts. Reattach brake line, repeat process for each side THEN bleed brakes (you'll need an extra body for that to pump the pedal) if I were you I'd google a general how to bleed brakes.

Do you have a mechanically minded friend that can help you out? Brakes are the last things I'd be wanting to change myself if I weren't sure about the process.

Chris has a very valid point if you don't have a mate that can help perhaps a request for assistance from some TRO heads local to you would be a very good idea! You really want someone that knows what they're doing to assist you before you touch anything! No brakes = massive fail and potential injury to you and others.

Do you have a mechanically minded friend that can help you out? Brakes are the last things I'd be wanting to change myself if I weren't sure about the process.
Yeah, I've got a mate helping but I wanted to get a good idea of what needed to be done first. Bit of research really. I wouldn't try it completely by myself the first time, plus he has better tools than I do.

Back