• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

How to hardwire a Road angel or similar device

Ok been getting quite a few PMs lately asking how I fitted my Road Angel.
So thought I would post the info here. I will be taking lots of pictures this weekend to make it easier.

First remove the 'A' Pillar cover, just pull it, itÂ’s only on pop clips.
========
Apillar.JPG

Then remove the black panel on the side of the dash
========
sidepannel.JPG

Drop the glove box (push in either side of it)
========
glovebox1.JPG

With a 14mm spanner loosen the nut under the gear knob, then unscrew the gear knob and remove the nut.

Now very carefully with a very thin flat screw driver and a piece of cloth to protect the dash....gently lift the silver surround and pull off.

Pull off the clip to the cigar lighter....Remove the one to the Hazard switch by pushing in the little tab and pulling.

Now after you have mounted your relevant mounting bracket, start by cutting off the cigar plug to the Road Angel. Starting with the plug for the Road Angel end. Locate this end near the bracket and start gently poking the cable down under the windscreen; I used a flat metal blade for this.

When you get to the ‘A’ pillar push the cable down the dash, using the access panel on the side of the dash to feed the cable behind the glove box and to the cigar lighter wiring plug.
=======
cable2.JPG

Use some cable ties to keep the cable tidy behind the glove box and gear stick area. Once you are completely happy with the routing of your cable, making sure it hasnÂ’t caught on any sharp edges, cut any excess cable off.
========
cable1.JPG

Now because I have a push button start, my wiring plug for the cigar socket was unused, so I simple connected two spade connectors to the road angel wires and plugged these into the relevant positive and minus connections. It is up to you how you wire this up though.

Once you are happy with the connections plug the Road Angel in and test that it works. If so, refit all panels, nuts and knobs as listed above.

Hope this helps 8)
========
ra1.JPG

Back