• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

How to remove the manifold heat shield

I am having issues with some very very annoying 'tin like' vibrations at 3500k... i had a look on some threads and people have removed various heatshields...

i have removed the i-Vtec cover...and had a mooch around the engine bay for other possibilities....i had a tap here and there on this metal plate thats braced by the front arb and track rod end ? i think thats what its called. am i right in thinking this is the manifolds heatshield? when i tapped this i replicated the noise i hear when driving. i kept knocking and the noise was temporarily gone.....except its now moved from one section of rev range to two...now at 2500 then again at 3500 doh!

so im guessing this is the culprit, and wondering how to remove this? i can only see 2 bolts and both dont seem to be easily accessible. would it be bad to run the car without this also?

cheers in advance for any help

Common fault, I removed it on one of my CTR's, also the drive shaft heat shield is prone to making odd noises.

Back