• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

I think i may have a problem :?

As the weather was nice on sunday i gave the CTR a clean as sadly it'd been negelected for a few weeks as i was on crutches and not able to drive/do much due to tearing the ligaments in my ankle.

Anyway i noticed on the rear drivers side wheel that there appeared to be 'something' which looked like rust bubbling uner the paint work, however on closer inspection it was/is the laquer(sp?)/paint is peeling off the wheel. It's not corrosion as i have seen in others piccys but actual peeling away on the rim and on one of the spokes.

If i'm not working saturday i'll take it into my local dealer but anyone else had this?? or can confirm whether this sounds like a warrenty issue to replace the wheel???

It only seems to be the one wheel though :?

Popped into the dealers on sat about the flaking laquer/paint on the wheel. Convo went something like this:-

Me - "Morning Graham"
Him - "Morning Mr Daymond, how are you and what can we do for you?"
Me - "I seem to have a problem with one of the alloys on the Type-r, so can you come and confirm if it's a warrenty claim?"
Him "Yeah no probs i'll just grab a pen and paper"
Me - "Cool, i'll meet you at the car"

So he comes over to the car:-

Him - "oh, it is flaking off isn't it"
Me - "Yeah not very good is it, i noticed it when i gave it a wash last weekend"
Him - "We've had a couple of Type-r's come in like this recently but mostly experienced it on the accord alloys"
Me - "Oh, really?"
Him - "Yeah, wont be any problems for warrenty claim, i'll get right on it. What's your contact number again kev & I'll get James to call in next couple of days when we get the new wheel in so you can pop in and we'll swap them over for you".

Result. :p :p

monkey boy kev said:
Popped into the dealers on sat about the flaking laquer/paint on the wheel. Convo went something like this:-

Me - "Morning Graham"
Me - "I seem to have a problem with one of the alloys on the Type-r, so can you come and confirm if it's a warrenty claim?"

Me - "Yeah not very good is it, i noticed it when i gave it a wash last weekend"
Him - "We've had a couple of Type-r's come in like this recently but mostly experienced it on the accord alloys"
Me - "Oh, really?"
Him - "Yeah, wont be any problems for warrenty claim, i'll get right on it. What's your contact number again kev & I'll get James to call in next couple of days when we get the new wheel in so you can pop in and we'll swap them over for you".

Sounds like you've got a top dealer. 8)

Chief said:
monkey boy kev said:

Me - "Morning Graham"

Me - "Oh, really?"

Sounds like you've got a top dealer. 8)

They're not too bad tbh. The thing is they know how well i look after the car and how pedantic i am about it. :oops:

I claimed for 2 new wheels because of corrosion / flaking laquer and they did it no questions asked.

The new ones are just going the same way :(

Back