• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Increase size of PM Box

Mossy

Loves his re-re-reposts
Just logged onto the forum for the first time since the swap over from phpBB2, and wondered whether the size of our pm boxes could/will be increased to what it was previously?

The current limit is a total of 50 messages (inbox + sent), whereas previously it was more 100(ish i think).

The reason i'm asking is that i'm trying to contact Al: When I logged in my inbox was full (76 messages out of 50 allowed) & having deleted mine, I now can't send any to Al as he is also exceeding his limit!

I presume Admin have a higher limit anyway?

Thanks
Mossy

Admin should have as many PM slots available as they wish as (according to the settings) all limits and restrictions are ignored for admin... :p

I'll see about increasing the limit to a 75-100 message store instead...

Cheers for the quick reply - looked in my e-mail account & found something i need to switch off in my settings!

I guess i need to wait a while until Admin get round to increasing it... (surely it can be?) If not can we go back to Ph2BB!!! ;)

(joke)

Admin should have as many PM slots available as they wish as (according to the settings) all limits and restrictions are ignored for admin...

I'll see about increasing the limit to a 75-100 message store instead...

Cheers Sharky

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent

I don't have a problem with the mailbox size (per se). The issue was in going from a large size (100) to a smaller size (50), meant that the pm system would be unusable to everyone who has exceeded the new limit.

What was good about the changeover, was that any mailboxes over with 50 pm's didn't have the excess pm's automatically deleted.

Obviously if there was a forum decision to reduce mailbox size, then it would have been communicated, giving people the chance to delete excess messages, to ensure they were below the threshold. I'm guessing this arose because the ph2BB default is different, (or the ph2BB default was previously increased by admin) and so was overlooked in the changeover.

Although as this has been resolved, and I presume that another swap isn't in the pipeline, then this is no longer an issue (for me at least)

As you say I hadn't got round to changing the defaults for the standard usergroup when I did the import last night. Then with the amount of problems I was having it went outta my head :lol:

It wont be getting reduced from what its set at now, if anything I might up it a little.

eesh, I have 155. Do you get all your pms back?

you will have everything you had on the old board, if thats more than your quota it still keeps them. It just means any new pm's will not get through to you. However, it will send you an email telling you someone tried to send you a pm but it failed cos your box was full...it even tells you who tried to pm you :)

Back