• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

INJECTORS

Can someone explain tome exactly what these do?

At the paintball event Nick told me that the reason my engine was tickety was something to do with the injectors more than likely..

If i changed / got new ones what the tickety noise stop?

The injectors "inject" the fuel in each cylinder via the inlet manufold. The ticking is them firing, they all make that noise. :wink:

Neily03 said:
The injectors "inject" the fuel in each cylinder via the inlet manufold. The ticking is them firing, they all make that noise. :wink:

Mine make more of a ticking noise than nothers though?

Bigger injectors meen more power then? More fuel into engine? Actually no.. cuz need more air.. hence supercharger right?

Alex Gosney said:
Neily03 said:

Mine make more of a ticking noise than nothers though?

Bigger injectors meen more power then? More fuel into engine? Actually no.. cuz need more air.. hence supercharger right?

Yes, more fuel needs more, bigger injectors suppply more fuel..... not that simple though. If they are overly noisey get your dealer to look at them?

Injectors get noisier the harder they are worked.
A standard car may have a duty of say 60%.....
Once you start adding power mods your engine needs more fuel so the injectors open up for longer ie 80%. Because they are working harder they make more noise. :wink:

Fitting bigger injectors allows the actual injector to deliver more fuel. standard ones are 310cc you then have 440, 550, 650, 750........

Its no good just sticking massive injectors on a car though as you only still deliver the same volume of fuel if controlled by the kpro but it lets more in quicker so the duty goes down, subsiquently the noise gets quieter. You then also have an overcapacity with which to add enough fuel for your other mods.

On kmanager there is a box where you tell it what your injector size is and the map sorts everything else out for you. 8)

Back