• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Insurance to be renewed with Greenlight, top quote!

Ok guys and girls, my insurance is due for renewal in a month or so, i've been searching for affordable quotes.

This is my first year insuring a car in my own name, so it cost me a fair whack (£2050 :oops: )

And when i quoted back then to see how much my insurance would have been if i had a years NCB, it came to around £1300, so that was my benchmark for this year.

Also, having caught the modifying bug over the past year of ownership, my new policy will include mugen grille and lip, white std alloys, airbox and exhaust.

So, off to confused.com, which gave me only one feckin quote from admiral as everone else apparently dont quote online with mods.

This was £1900, which is a joke. So i put my mum as a named driver and it came up at £1280, not bad at all ~£700 saving on last yr.

So after all the fuss made over greenlight, i sent Neil a message explaining my requirements of an excess of no more than £500, 1yr NCB.

With all the modifications declared, the quote came to £1097, fantastic!

Then half an hour later i received a PM from Neil again, telling me that if i were to wait til July (I had intended this anyway), I would then be 22, the quote would be another £100 cheaper :shock:

So final quote of ~£997, down from last years premium by, wait for it >>>>£1053<<<<

Madness! Needless to say i'm over the moon, and then money i saved for the insurance that i had expected to pay, will be going on a DC sports exhaust! :woot:

I just a renewal letter from Greenlight!!

Not pleased!!!

£1035.57 with all mods declared, £350 excess

i dont even have a supercharger!!

im going to be 30 next week!!!

:x :x :x :x

Back