• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Interior door handle trim removal?

Anyone who can tell me how to remove interior door handle trim will win 10 Kris points....

....and an extra 10 points to whoever tells me what colour i can buy thats closest :D

i take it you mean the small silver panel, there is a small hole at the back of it near the bottom, just push a screwdriver into it and it should pop out :).
dunno about the colour, i wanted a change of colour so i did mine in cosmic grey ;)

does your cosmic grey clash??? yeah i mean the long strip of silver plastic over the door handle, or "**** me handle"

i personally really like the look of it, but i resprayed all the silver bits in cosmic grey, probably wouldn't look so good if all the other bits were left in standard silver.
and yeah thats the one!

as above just pop a small screwdriver behind it in the hole at the bottom

i did mine in Vauxhall Astro Silver.. but then redone them in Fords Sea Grey

heres the silver...

84783701.jpg

Hi, new to the forum. Appreciate this thread is a few years old but found it recently after I bought an EP3 and thought I'd update this for anyone in my position that has this issue with the door handle trims now. You can buy replacements for around £45 but thought I'd give a refurb to them and save a few quid. The colour spray paint required is called 'Vauxhall Silver Star' there are 2 other silver stars available named as II and III. I think they all have a slightly different shade but I bought the first one - Silver Star which is £6.49 from Halfrauds. Have to say I definitely made the right choice as the finish is spot on and you can't tell the difference with the other silver parts in the car. Just take your time and make sure you leave enough time between coats. I very lightly wet sanded the trim just before the final two coats and it looks great.

Hi, new to the forum. Appreciate this thread is a few years old but found it recently after I bought an EP3 and thought I'd update this for anyone in my position that has this issue with the door handle trims now. You can buy replacements for around £45 but thought I'd give a refurb to them and save a few quid. The colour spray paint required is called 'Vauxhall Silver Star' there are 2 other silver stars available named as II and III. I think they all have a slightly different shade but I bought the first one - Silver Star which is £6.49 from Halfrauds. Have to say I definitely made the right choice as the finish is spot on and you can't tell the difference with the other silver parts in the car. Just take your time and make sure you leave enough time between coats. I very lightly wet sanded the trim just before the final two coats and it looks great.

Do people laquer on top of the silver paint? Don't want to laquer and find it doesn't match the rest of the interior. Cheers

Was about to ask this question but luckily it's been answered , will have a go removing them soon :)

Back