• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Interior modding suggestions

Hi guys.

This is my first ever post on the forum. I figured it could be a good idea to post on here to see if anyone has any creative ideas.

I basically have a night hawk black 2005 type r ep3 with the standard black and red seats fitted. I want to do something to the interior to make it my own but not sure what to do. I was hoping that someone would have some creative suggestions?
I have my own CD player in place. All interior speakers have been replaced for some much better ones so the sound system is fantastic. I have replaced my gear stick for something more unusual but apart from that everything is standard.

Any mods I make need to be classy and not make the car chavy-er.

Thanks guys, hope someone can help!

Welcome to the forum pal!!

You are a bit limited with the standard type r interiors, however, you could look at some of the following:-

- panting the centre console and door handle inserts
- installing aftermarket seats and harnesses
- replacing the standard steering wheel
- installing some aftermarket pedals
- stripping out the rear seats/carpet etc.

good luck!!

As Pete says you are limited ta bit. Changing the colour of your trims is fairly easy, you could spray them a colour of your choice, you can get them dipped or you could get them carbon skinned etc.

what sort of changes were you thinking?

Yeh thanks guys.

To be honest you have answered my question in terms of there not really being much to do. I have thought about trim painting and think that actually the silver is okay. What I may do is repaint them silver and gloss them up a bit. Also another thing I have seen on ebay is sellers selling the fan and heat control knobs in chrome instead of the black plasticy ones we have included as standard.

Are there any nice steering wheels that you know of that make the car look more expensive and classy-er rather than just being chavy.

Thanks guys :)

Yeh the wheel actually looks really nice. Shame about the price. I will keep an eye out for these though because it is quite tempting. Great suggestion R'ash.
Thanks

A mate of mine bought one and they are good quality (assuming its the same guy) . There was no exchange so you can recoup some money back by selling your wheel. Would go well with a carbon dipped console and door handles:cool:

Back