• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Interior Relays, diagram? HID'S issue

Long story but I have had a few HID'S kits. last year i got a quick and easy set off ebay and one bulb stopped working. Purchased a more expensive set and then had a ballast issue so replaced and then upgraded to a higher kelvin this week. I seem to always have issues with one side though...never both.

lights were refitted and worked fine. Drive car one started to flicker. Played with relays and it started to work so guess one relay is a bit sticky so replaced. In the engine you know which relay does what. I got a new relay...from a motor factors...and think they gave me the wrong one. Reason being is an interior relay, the one which controls the buzzer, stuck on and held charge when I tried to flash, also got some smoke when I pulled the full beam on (hopefully not a wire but a blown fuse will also do this) Also once the relay clicked I had Constant buzzer! Now I dont know what the relays do on the inside but I now have no lights at all as had to pull that relay out. Looking at the interior fuse box it is furthest to the left. It's def damaged as I could feel it clicking just before it stuck on.

Also when I did change the relay in the bay the full beams flashed both the full and hid lights (again a relay issue i think as they are on the same fuse/relay)

Has anyone had experience of this or similar and does anyone have a diagram for the interior Relays?

HID'S have 20watt fuses so should be ok at that level. Also they are hard wired in, no loose wires.

Back