• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Is my FN2 engine too noisy???

Hi all,

So i have had my FN2 type r about 6 months its 07 29k FSH when i have done a few miles, it sounds more tappety then i would like for a car of 29k to have, also sometimes there is a slight knocking noise from what seems to be the block???

note the engine runs spot on and it has plenty oil, i only notice the noise's when its ticking over?

any1 in the same boat?

Cheers

They are quite noisy on tick over. Did you get your value clearances done at 25k as per the service schedule?

A noise like this is pretty typical:

[video=youtube;HWpOHRZ1exU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWpOHRZ1exU[/video]

Well m8, im in a how can u say debate with Loyds honda as they claim to have done a level 3 service/27k valve clrnce.... but i dont buy it , my opinion is there service dept just stamped the book and didnt do the work!!!

Well m8, im in a how can u say debate with Loyds honda as they claim to have done a level 3 service/27k valve clrnce.... but i dont buy it , my opinion is there service dept just stamped the book and didnt do the work!!!

No text talk please.

If you're in dispute with Honda, take it up with them.

I'd suggest valve clearances and possibly an oil change to the correct grade to be sure.

Can i also just say i wont have a bad word said about my car, but what is going on with the gear box??? mine has had a 3rd gear syncro and 3rd gear replacement (free of course) and it still feels ..well not perfect

Take it back and say you aren't happy with it. They'll probably try to tell you it needs a new clutch which you'll have to pay for.

Completely up to you whether you do it or not. It might solve the problem, it might not.

My 3rd gear was 100% after it went in for the replacement synchro.

The tappety engine could also be the Lma's (lost motion assemblies) google it to see how they work ! Mine is noisy and Paul at TDi North said it could be my LMA's if the valve clearances had been done which they have. My car is an ep3 with 38000 miles on it.

Just been to a different Honda Garage who showed me that my rocker cover has not been removed since new! so i phoned the Honda garage where i got my FN2 and told them...... they claim they used a Type S service sheet and they appolgised and told me to bring the car in and they will do the valve clearances free. Funny that yesterday they were arguing with me say the valves had been done!!!! we victory is mine :) thanks to simon
and Loxy

What is worrying is that they serviced a Type R on a Type S servicing schedule - Personally speaking I wouldn't trust them with a barge pole!

i know mate, but i live in Newcastle and bought the car in Carlisle...... i guess they thought they could bump me and not do the valves, they know better now!

Awsome! cant explain what it was like driving my 1st Type R home down the 66, dare say i could have lost my licence :evil:

Back